Perfessr's Brain
01 August 2006
 
Well I have just about finished rebuilding my Gateway handbook and have been stalled at the Memory module, I have ordered a 16 meg simm for it from a**4*em*** and it has not come. I have it running Win 95a and Microsoft Word and XL, with my Quickverse New American Standard Bible. It runs fairly decent with the AC power and has a run time of about 2 hours on 4 AA Nimh batteries.
It has been fun and I wish that the big makers would make an affordable small Book sized computer that has a good sound system, plenty of storage, ability to access USB and other "flash" type cards. Have it run a minimum load of XP and then all it would need is to add what programs you want. Leave off the camera and other excess junk. Oh and make it run on 4 or 6 AA batteries with an add on of say 4 C bateries.

Gateway Handbook
486
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Old Guy with a great wife and 4 great kids, not enough toys and never enough time....

My Photo
Name:
Location: little town in east, Pennsylvania, United States
ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / December 2006 / June 2009 / September 2011 /


Powered by Blogger